Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
No experience with the FNM x39, but all the other FNM that I have shot has been good ammo. It's clean-ish (not what we Americans have gotten spoiled to, but close!), accurate, consistent and fairly priced.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No experience with the FNM x39, but all the other FNM that I have shot has been good ammo. It's clean-ish (not what we Americans have gotten spoiled to, but close!), accurate, consistent and fairly priced.

ATG has it for $89.00 per battlepack of 320.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,007 Posts
Is it truely FNM production with an FNM headstamp and package markings, or the Iranian ammo in similar packaging with a 7.62x39 94 headstamp and no FNM found anywhere?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Portugese 7.62x39mm YES

ATG has it for $89.00 per battlepack of 320.

This describes REAL Portugese 7.62x39mm. 32rd boxes and battle packs of 320rds. The box and pak are identical to that you see with Port 7.62x51mm NATO ammo. Hansen Cartridge imported this back in the 1980s and it was EXCELLENT ammo. It was an over run from a contract the Portugese did for one of the small Middle East nations that use AKs, Dubai, Bahahrain or such. Brass cased, Lead core bullet, Berdan NonCorrosive primer and some of the prettiest stuff you ever saw. Shot very good groups, but was a hard sell in those days @ $18/100rds when you could buy Chinese ammo for about $6/100rds.

If that is around today I bet it is from someones "stash" from the "good ole days".

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This describes REAL Portugese 7.62x39mm. 32rd boxes and battle packs of 320rds. The box and pak are identical to that you see with Port 7.62x51mm NATO ammo. Hansen Cartridge imported this back in the 1980s and it was EXCELLENT ammo. It was an over run from a contract the Portugese did for one of the small Middle East nations that use AKs, Dubai, Bahahrain or such. Brass cased, Lead core bullet, Berdan NonCorrosive primer and some of the prettiest stuff you ever saw. Shot very good groups, but was a hard sell in those days @ $18/100rds when you could buy Chinese ammo for about $6/100rds.

If that is around today I bet it is from someones "stash" from the "good ole days".
Is all FNM bullets magnetic? Do you suppose this is? ATG never got back to me.

The photo shows lot #91 - 02. 1991 or 2002?

11/12 - Well ATG got back to me. For what it's worth the 7.62X39 has a bi-metal jacket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts