Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Banned
10,256 Posts
I am truly surprised that not more Australian collectors have answered here considering how prevelant the mint M941's are here (and to a lessor extent, the M937).

As-new M941's change hands here for $2000 Aus these days - that's about $1900 US. With matching bayonet, adds another $500 suually.

· Registered
45 Posts
Hello Hambone,

I don’t know if this thread is still actively seeking information but I’ll take the chance.

I have a completely matching S/42 1937 98k, serial number 431p, that has a Portuguese crest with the year 1937 stamped on the left side of the stock just below the bolt disassembly grommet (not sure of the proper nomenclature). The stock is numbered to the rifle and there is an additional number stamped below the crest date of 1937.

If you would like additional information please send me an email.

Bill

· Registered
240 Posts
I have a 1937 Portugese Mauser. The serial number is 8389. The floorplate-trigger guard, and barrel bands match. The stock also matches. The bolt is a mismatch and numbered 9715 D. I picked up the rifle about 15 year ago in a pawn shop. It has no import marks. Overall condition is about 95%. I can see no evidence for German use, but all of the parts have the Mauser Waffenamt 63.

· Registered
240 Posts
I want to report a 1937 Portuguese Mauser. The serial number is D8389. The bolt is a mismatch and numbered 8713 D. The rest of the parts including the stock are matched. The bluing is about 98%. The stock was oil soaked an black when I purchased it, but it now has now reddish look.

· Banned
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Beautiful rifle diopter, great "tiger stripe" walnut!

· Registered
284 Posts
Sorry.
I've been looking for a "good" one for about 20 years.
My father and other male relatives from that time period used Portuguese Mausers during their military service in Africa.
Had to have at least one in the collection.

· Registered
1 Posts
Portuguese 1941 contract

Another one to report:

Mauser 1941 serial number H162 fully matching including bayonet. "135" Waffenamt mark above Portuguese crest and "1941". "Orion" and West German '79 proof. Set in mint condition and complete with original sling and bayonet frog.

Any comments would be appreciated.

· Silver Bullet Member
3,851 Posts
Hambone I have H2955, appears unissued with matching bayonet.

G14017 also appears unissued, grease in bore with matching bayonet.

H18571 unissued, no bayonet.

Let me know if you require any additional information Hambone.

· Registered
184 Posts
Here's something you don't see often! F 5793, GER, RC, TGI Knox TN. I am reporting this is a walnut/flat M941 stock ONLY with some matching parts, not a barrel receiver! Stock came with it's original sn# and proof-matching bayo mount, crossbolt, and buttplate still in place. All parts with sn# match the channel number. All parts are e/655 or WaA 655 proofed. Bayo mount, crossbolt, and flat buttplate with small Port cross stamped on it are correct 'in-the-white', not Russian re-blued.
Sn# for the rifle it came on stamped on the L/H side as is common on RC's. The rifle it came on was an early Sauer. Appearently Ivan felt lazy that day...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.