Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never collected Portogese bayonets before, but these were in a little collection I resently bought. If I have figured it out right the long one is a Kropatschek Model 1886 sword bayonet, and the short one is a M1904 mauserbayonet. Here are the Pictures:

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
10-4, as stated. I have those as well.

·
Silver Bullet member
7,798 Posts
I posted this one before but did not know what it was..Pretty sure its German made for Portugal...Could someone please give me correct Model designation?

Thank you! Knife Dagger Blade Cutting tool Hunting knife
Blade Dagger Cutting tool Tool

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Looks like spanish M43 should be looked for stamping, or its a M36 made by germans for export to Spain, anyway the scabbard is not portugal or german, more real of spain M43.b.r.Andy

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks to Dennis Ottobre we know the Portuguese 1886 Kropatschek yathagan comes in three muzzlering diameters - 15,5 - 16,0 - 16,5 mm

Then I have one with a muzzlering of 17,4 mm but it's probably made for the Guedes 1885

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Don't know what Dennis said, but I have examples of the Guedes (ZAR) and all of the Portuguese Kropatscheks. The Guedes and Krop. rifles have a MRD of 16mm, whilst the carbine is 16.5mm.
Incidentally, the carbine bayonet was purchase from Dennis after a search of many years, as it is nice to have the appropriate bayonet and sling for the respective firearms.

·
Gold Bullet member
853 Posts
I'm thinking that painterjohn's bayonet may be Chinese, for use with their clone of the Standard-Modell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.