Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bert comes to me with this T44 stock from Big John who had misidentified it as a first series he wanted $125 to recheck the series. It was a third which Bert was looking for so he bought it. Later Bert comes in with the T44 third series stock busted off at the wrist and I trade him a rear receiver screw for it. Good original finish nice barrel band springs. I have a T44 what was sporterized and now have all the bits to complete it.

Guy comes in with a T38C late mismatched with DC but missing hand guard and barrel bands which I have. He also has this late Jensen T99 original finish metal and low and behold you can actually read two numbers on the bolt that match Stock is cut down and refinished and the barrel is cut down and a springfield front sight is added but not refinished. Hummmm? I'm thinking since it is in the 87K range and no DC groves I just might like to fab up myself one of the Jensen shorties I'll never find. Anybody know what is the deal is with the feds on getting that done legally? Doug

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll need to pay the $200 to make it an SBR. I don't think they have ruled on the 14" Jinsen... but there was some talk about this recently. Oddly, Kalifornia allows SBRs if they are C&R, so I've been looking into it as a possible side project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts