Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made contact with this guy on a straight pull he was worried about it blowing up on him. He said he had had it for some 28 years. No real idea what it might be. Braved the snow and met at a McDonalds to check it out. I peeked at it for a second and thought it was a K31. I bought it and brought it home and my son tells me it is a 1911 Carbine. 48K range. Any idea of the date of production? Mag doesn't match but bolt does. Nothing under the but plate. Any idea of value? There is some stock wear but the cartouch is sharp. It has some blue wear but 95%. Sharp bore. I can provide pictures of everything you guys might like to see. It's not really me. I'm more into German, Japanese and Italian Cavalry stuff. Doug

· Registered
87 Posts
K11

Manufacture date would be 1916, these are typically a little higher priced than even the M1911 or 96/11, due to the lower production numbers. If you paid K31 prices for it, definitely a deal, based on your description. Check out gunbroker to see what they are actually selling for, I would say between $300-$400.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
I disagree on the prices given. If it were all matching yes but the M/M magazine drops the value a bit. Depending on condition I'd put the value at $200 - $275. The M/M mag makes the rifle just a shooter since Swiss rifles are known for being matching. After reviewing Gun Broker that might even be high.

As for Gun Broker Swiss rifles have dropped off I'm sad to say. The one below has been on with the highest bid of $250 but didn't meet the reserve.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116115512

...and this one is on there with a starting bid of $225 with 11 hours to go and no bids.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118596249

As for comparing to Simpson LTD you might be pricing yourself right out of the current market.

As a Swiss collector I won't even consider a M/M unless I need spare parts. I bought a spare 1911 mag a while back in case I ran into one missing a mag. Problem is now I can't pull myself to buy one because all three of mine are matching and very nice with out even trying.

Best of luck.
Wes

· Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Please refrain from making a posting that is interpreted as a WTS ad in this forum in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.