Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298315,00.html

WASHINGTON — A bench warrant was issued Thursday for antiwar activist Cindy Sheehan, who did not appear for arraignment Thursday in a Washington, D.C., courtroom to face charges related to her Sept. 10 disorderly conduct arrest at the Capitol.

District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Michael McCarthy issued the order to Sheehan around noon, a court spokeswoman said. The warrant means she is to be taken into custody and brought before the court. She also faces one count of unlawful assembly.

Sheehan's arrest came as a tense hearing on the Iraq war underway. Gen. David Petraeus was giving his highly anticipated report to the House Armed Services Committee, and Sheehan was taken into custody just outside the hearing room.

Sheehan was among several protesters at the hearing and was arrested alongside her sister, Dee Dee Miller. Both were charged with disorderly conduct.

·
Silver Bullet member
4,753 Posts
I think her scheduled arraignment time conflicted with her longstanding plans to pick out a headstone for her son's grave site. It has only been... HOW long since he was buried?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
67,618 Posts
Better late than never.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Cindy is just a nervous breakdown looking for a place to happen.

As it stands now she is a pawn of the far left anti-war crowd who will use her until she goes nuts or drops dead. Without all the media hype and coverage and left-wing backing and pressure she gets she would be nothing and might finally get over her son's death enough to lead a normal life.

Six months in a nice jail where the media can't get to her might do her some good in the end.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Hey, isn't she MauserBoy's girlfriend?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
She probably missed the arraignment, because she was planning her campaign strategy against Nancy Pelosi. lol.

·
67,618 Posts
I would ave better things to do than watch 2 _____.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,537 Posts
I can see it now ....

Helicopters hovering with their searchlights scanning. News media vans unfurling their broadcast antennas; news anchors testing their audio devices. The SWAT Mobile command center trailer is parked and powered up. Black-hooded SWAT Commandos swarn a non-descript corner condo, firing tear gas thru an upstairs window.

The tension mounts. Suddenly a shadowy figure burst out upon an upper balcony, amidst billowing teargas fumes (and presumably also smoke from the couch lit up by the tear gas cannister).

The whole world is watching - Live - Realtime - Worldwide by satellite.

Tension builds. Regularly scheduled broadcasts are preempted. Commercial messages are held.

Slowly, the scrawny figure brings her protester-issue bullhorn to her foam and drool-speckled lips.

In her best thin, quivering, whiney treehugger protester voice, she proclaims:

"Come on coppers, make your move .. you'll never take me alive."

Camera case latches click, microphone booms are disassembled, AV cables are rolled & stowed. The SWAT Team departs.

Somewhere in the dispersing crowd, a polite snicker can be heard.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
97,166 Posts
Works for me. A total irrelevance as far as I'm concerned. Would be amusing if she beat Pelosi next fall, though.

·
67,618 Posts
I would really love to see that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts