Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
if in nice shape the price of 700 is slightly less than the going market ,it took me a long time for me,i got one at the local shop for a real cheapo price and found it was not a bad rifle,i then bought another for 700 .no issues with the bolts as i fired then and checked the brass.the head space is for nato chamber and will show on the gages shooting surplus ammo that is nato type spec is fine but i would be hesitant to shoot commercial due to the thinner brass,if you want to shoot regular 308 commercial i would possiblely have the bolt conversion done to tighten it up.springfield is the one that started the rumor at a time when the chicoms were selling for 400 and springfield for 800-900,a buddy bought one of the springfield chicom test rifles from their store at the camp perry and was told they would not warrenty it just get it out of here,,he bought cheap.he also changed every part but the barrel because they had GI parts cheap then and they all fit with out modification...plus they have the real old skool forged receiver..i give a thumbs up on my two buy if it is what your looking for the tiwanise t57 mags are great to or the new made checkmate mags that are from an original military contractor and are being used in the sand box for the rebirth of the 14 due to its long range stopping power...ahhh whats old is new again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.