Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Polish wz/64 dated 1973 today for 170$ today and I can not find any info on it. It is in very good shape, not sure what the bore looks like they did noy have a bore light. Is this a decent price for this gun? I think that I could get them to come down to 150$. Also, any info on this pistol would be great. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
The pistoletu wz.64 (aka P-64) in good condition is worth $175 and well worth $150. They're all steel, great finish, and reliable; but they're a lot trickier to completely dissassemble than a Makarov (the firing pin is spring loaded and the hammer spring is tricky but both are manageable). The single action trigger pull is real stiff - some folks swap the hammer spring for the springs that Wolf came out with this year for the P-64, and some just leave the trigger pull as is and break the pistol in by shooting it. Dennis Marschal makes great wood grips for the P-64. It is hard to find parts for them.

Mine is accurate, and it is noticeably smaller than a Makarov. I'm a big fan of the P-64.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was checking the Standard Catalog of military firearms and they listed it as being worth:
nib-900$
exc.-750$
V.G.-600$
good-400$
fair-300$
They say that it is rare also. Although it is a great reference for prices a few of them seem a little high. They list a Yugo 59/66 in exc. condition for 1500$.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Well, then "the Standard Catalog of military firearms" is completely out of whack!!

$175 is a good price. Buy it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got a p64, I do like it. I cannot compare it to a real mak cause I don't have one. I changed the hammer spring and its a lot better gun now. I've got like $180 in mine after shipping and transfer. Decent gun, worth the money.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Also, any info on this pistol would be great. Thank you.
if you mean by historical, couple of sites have that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radom_Armory_P-64_Pistol

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg142-e.htm

I was interested in buying one myself, but the large import type stamping "MAKAROV" and the "X18" after the 9mm on the slides kinda put me off from buying one, until one day at a gun show I found one imported by TENNESSEE GUNS, that didn't have those hokey stamps, and their import mark is on the dust cover. it had that hokey thumb rest that I just hated, so I found the military grips and swapped it out, it is a great little pistol, well worth the money, the mags are kinda hard to come by, they do make a commercial copy of one, but I am very weary of buying US made aftermarket military mags, as they tend to be junk.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
One of the best little pistols I have ever had.
What he said, spring change makes a big difference. Neat little pistol. I expect the high price
listings were published before the recent importations of large numbers, I saw a CZ-52 priced
at $2000. about 3 years before they were imported here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts