Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this baby up a few months ago at a pawn shop. They had it for months and months and I was able to talk the owner down and get a deal I got it for $200.

·
Registered
85 Posts
nice rifle, I remember you posting this before, it is good to see it again.
did you ever take off that recoil boot. To me, those things aren't
aethetically pleasing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did take off the boot. It looks a lot better and I don't think that I'll be shooting it a lot either. I would really like to keep it in this condition.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope you will post some pictures of it without the boot. If I recall correctly,
part of the reason you purchased it was to honor family members of the generation in which the rifle was made. I hope that you will ocassionally
shoot it (and clean it afterwards) and remember those people that were and are important to you.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe I will take it out every now and then. When I was 12 years old, I went for my first deer hunt. I used a Tula SKS and I got a 13 pointer! That was MANY years ago. Since that time, I got a few deer, each time with a different rifle. Maybe this one will become my "Special Hunter". Part of me wants to keep it in the safe due to the condition, the other part of me wants to take it out because of the beauty of the rifle. Well, regardless, here are some pis without the recoil pad.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a really nice stock, and it does look close to mine. I really like the rifle. I still pull it out of the safe and just admire the workmanship. Maybe I will take it shooting one of these days. I found some Polish ammo to go with it, but, it was produces in the late 20s and early 30s, as was marked on the box. I passed at the time, and wish I would have picked it up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice rifle fartsitarski. However, I would suggest not shooting ammo that old. Could be dangerous and definitely not very accurate. And it would be ashame to miss or cripple a deer just because of bad ammo. Also, being that old it could be collectible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts