Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Aim's and Classic's ads sparked my interest in the P64, I picked up this one locally.
Pistol is a 1967 Polish P64, bore looks great but the P64 has plenty of holster wear.
Functions great and is a great shooter!
I know the biggest complaints with these is the trigger pull and recoil, but I have to say I don't mind it (however I do not know if the springs are original or not, I am assuming so)

The interesting part is the bluing on the safety and the rectangular piece behind the ejection port is a red color

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice looking pistol! I'm picking up one of these from my FFL this weekend. Really looking forward to it after seeing yours!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like mine, fun to shoot, a real kick. Double action was impossible. I just cut two coils off the hammer spring and picked up a 22lb recoil from Wolff. DA and SA are much better now, but won't know how it feeds until Tuesday. Oh, and importer's marks on left side of slide are so huge and ugly I am ashamed to show them! Criminal really.

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
691 Posts
Make for nice CCW guns. I have a few myself and it's the most comfortable for carry I think - especially with the IWB holster from US Gunleather. I got a few dozen back when they were selling for under $140 before they became C&R and prices rocketed higher on sudden demand.

Can always change out the mainspring with a lighter one from Wolf Springs if that trigger pull is a bit too much. I use #17 and #18 springs for a lighter pull.

- Black Blade

·
Silver Bullet member
31,832 Posts
That reminds me that I still have to adjust my safety on mine, it keeps flopping down when fired.

Its actually not all that bad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ahoy!

I have one and the only problem with it is you will want another and another! No joking, I replaced the springs with those from Wolff, and it is a gem! At 15 yards and using a sandbagged rest, 7 shots are in one large ragged hole about the size of a silver dollar- this will hand loads also. My P64 goes with me everywhere. Get a couple spare mags and you will be good to go.
Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.