Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here but did want to share a few of my rifles this one I picked up for $200 from a local seller via an online classifieds. I'm thinking I got a good deal. Any input is greatly appreciated. The metal work is pristine but it looks like at one point someone tried to refinish the stock. I hope the pictures do it justice.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,165 Posts
Some Polish M44 stocks have pressed-in escutcheons, but that stock looks like it may have originally been in a darker finish before Bubba got hold of it, which would imply it possibly being a Russian stock. Hard to say.

·
Copper Bullet Member
827 Posts
Some Polish M44 stocks have pressed-in escutcheons, but that stock looks like it may have originally been in a darker finish before Bubba got hold of it, which would imply it possibly being a Russian stock. Hard to say.
+1 And the wood doesn't look like beech. The barrel bands also don't look Polish but it's tough to tell from the pics. Are there any markings on them? Anyway, she should be a fun shooter. Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a great shooter. love some of the mystery surrounding these firearms.
there is a small V like a stamp on the barrel bands I will I will try to get a picture that was showing as far is the stock I don't know weather is a polish or russian stop that has been strips in re stain

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
The stock is defeinetly not Polish and has been refinshed. Its most likely a Russian or Romanian stock that was redone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.