Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got a contact address for either Steve or Joe Polisar, famous for shooting buffalo with their Whitworth rifles? [see the 'Muzzleblasts' article from a few years ago].

Reason is that they made a beautiful 595gr swaged Whitworth bullet, and I have finally run out of them, and would dearly love for to lay my paws on some more.

TIA

tac
Whitworth #888

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just wish someone would make one the size Mr. Whitworth intended and called for his rifle; 530 grns. I mean, seems like the Whitworth would shoot better with the original loading that he designed it for; 530 grn paperpatched hex bullett over wad and 70-80 grns of powder.
DE

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,333 Posts
Well, there is a Joe Polisar who is police chief at Garden Grove, CA. No idea if he is the same Joe Polisar.

And there is a Stephen M. Polisar in New Mexico. Somebody may know if one or the other of them was involved in Polisar Bros.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,484 Posts
They ARE the Polisar Brothers. They were kindess itself dealing with me and my long-term problems trying to get my Whitworth to shoot. I was very near getting it de-acted at one time because here in UK to have gun on your 'ticket' that doesn't shoot is a waste of a permission. Expensive and useless.

As I explone on another thread [this one AND my question is over four years old] they have given up making these bullets as nobody seemed interested in them.

tac
Whitworth #888

·
Registered
272 Posts
Given up? I have never heard of them until I read this thread recently. Why did they not try to market them through Dixie Gunworks, Midway, and a slew of others? Or advertise and just take orders?!? If I could get in touch with them I would difinately order some bullets. Dang!!

You say one of them is Chief of Police? I might just call his office!!
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts