Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share my newest Star "rescue" pistol. Ever since I sold my Star BM at the beginning of the year I've regretted it. So when I saw J&G Sales had frames for $10 I went on the hunt for a parts kit and found one with a Policia Nacional / Interarms marked slide instead of the usual CAI billboard. Went together pretty smoothly except for the trigger pin for some reason and function tested great with snap caps. Hoping to get to the range at the end of the week and then I may refinish the slide assuming all goes well.

Next project for me is a Star 1921/1922. I've got the slide, extractor, firing pin, and grips. If anyone knows of a source for other parts, especially a frame, please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I have a bunch of BM/BKM pistols and love the size, feel and weight especially the BKM, none of my pistols carry the CAI billboard and a few have police markings ..one like new in box with police markings. With the CAI pistols most anyone can get into having a inexpensive concealable 9mm that is quite reliable for personal defense that is made from real metal not plastic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Phil. I appreciate it.

Absolutely, IBMikey, real steel is the way to go. I'll never embrace the polymer pistols. They've just never felt right to me. Especially, when I pick one up after handling my 30M.

·
Administrator
53,062 Posts
I am no fan of them either but my EDC ended up to be the 9mm Ultrastar after I got it some years back. Part plastic with reinforced frame with steel and some nice features like carrying with hammer down and the FP not being near the hammer or cocked and locked. And it feeds and extracts any thing with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts