Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for my first meeting with the Mohave Arms Collectors Association last night and one fella had this sword. I snapped these photos of it and looked through Dawson's book this morning but couldn't find an exact match but the "police swords" seem to come the closest. Note the markings in the Bakelite grip. The saya only has one hanger ring. Sorry I didn't get more photos.
What do you sword guys think?

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you missed taking the most important picture, the backstrap.
did it have a cherry blossom or an other badge on the backstrap?
Well, that figgers! I believe it just had another cherry blossom like that on the side. In fact you can kinda see it, on edge, to the right of that photo.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adogs,I heard that if the blossom has 10 petals like yours its Army,if it has only 5 its police.Lance
Thanks ol long one! I just found that description in Dawson's book. Like I said before, these swords are a whole different set of critters.
I have no prospects on this sword, in fact it doesn't even interest me that much, but he found it at a yard sale for $20 and it can pay to find good stuff even if it doesn't interest you :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Type 19 Kyu Gunto Army officer's parade sword. Very basic, for the man on a budget. Plastic grip, no mon. Value, about $150.00 +/-.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input. If I see it again, I'll get more photos.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Blade length has nothing to do with either type sword. It was a personal preference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.