Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I have a wartime PPK with an "eagle c" stamp on the frame just behind the trigger and below the mag. release button. Could it be that my PPK was a police issue piece ? According to the serial number it was produced during late 1942. It came with a somewhat worn black pressed paper holster. I've always thought a police unit would have used pressed paper holsters while the military was issued leather holsters.

I checked my HSc for stamps and I see it has the "eagle 135 stamp on the lower web of the trigger guard on the left side. So I guess mine is a military issue piece. The HSc fits my hand better than the PPK.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I estimate that Eagle/L marked HSCs average 25-50% more value than a Eagle/135 or Eagle/Wwa135. A Eagle/F at 75-100% more than a common military marked example. The Early Eagle/655 and KM marked examples seem to be in the $1000-2000 range. These are rough estimates and I'm sure vary in different areas.

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.