Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard negative things about POF ammo. My local dealer has some 65 dated POF 303 in crates. Is this worth getting or should I avoid it?

·
Copper Bullet member
9,287 Posts
If you reload, compare the price of that POF to the price of .311 bullets. Might be worth getting for the tips.

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
I had terrible experiences with pof click bang ammo.save your money
The stuff I had was CLICK...........................................................
...........................................................................................
.............................................................................................
.............................................................................................
...................................................................................BANG!
:eek:

·
Diamond Bullet Member
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I`ll just take the money and buy some brass to reload. Alan

·
Registered
512 Posts
I picked up 800 rnds of Privi in reloadable brass from AIM at $10 per box. You have reloadable brass when your done.
Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The POF is bad stuff you never no if it will shoot or be duds. Im not buying, The reloading it the way to go on the 303 for now. The Prvi brass is very good for reloading.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have heard negative things about POF ammo. My local dealer has some 65 dated POF 303 in crates. Is this worth getting or should I avoid it?
Check with Samco and see if they still have the K52 British ammo. It's worked out for me but still got a couple of FTF.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
For the price they want it should have KNOW click--Bangs or DUDS. I say reload or get prvi The prvi is good stuff and you can reload the brass. Win Win.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,428 Posts
I tried out a couple of packets a few years ago, and every round I shot was a hangfire - at the very least, I guess it's consistent!

Unfortunately, this is almost the only surplus .303 that we can get in bulk in NZ. Being a Commonwealth country that made the stuff this is truly disappointing. I remember when we could get NZ made CAC 1959 ammo for about 30 cents a round....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
On a good note Ammotogo has droped the price on the POF 303 20 Bucks.

The price should be $20 per case the bullets arent even very good for reloading. There not round and need to be resized before reloading.
And the bullet wt is back and forth up to 3 or 4 grains.

·
Registered
182 Posts
POF usually goes bang, sometimes without a delay, but unless you like 12 gauge patterns instead of centerfire groupings, you'll agree when I say POF = P.O.S.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I traded for some on our WTS boards and got a bunch for cheap. I've shot it and it isn't bad. No hangfires so far :eek:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have read on a few forums that if you leave the ammo in the sun to warm up, it has less problems. Most of Pakistan is hot and humid so it sounds logical.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've read that too, but actaully it doesn't make sense. If the case is sealed then the integrity of the powder should be the same no matter what the outside temperature, shouldn't it? So to heat up the case in the sun, means there is some humidity inside and it will dry out somewhat? That makes no sense :confused:

Maybe the primer gets a little boost from the rise in temps?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I picked up some 66 POF from Aim a couple of years back.

I don't recall having any problems with it.
Maybe I just got lucky.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts