Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diamond Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have my third in the pocket holster by Desantis, and I can tell you that all three of them are great for concealment.

If you have a Kel-Tec, or a light weight wheel gun as I do, you will love their holster.

Tah

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
Made my first pocket holster out of a neoprene mouse pad stitched together with waxed dental floss and it lasted about 4 years. Made its replacement out of full grain leather and have been using it for 3 years. With the leather I needed to pre-drill the holes before stiching. I carry in my homemade holster every day, except when I know I'll be in a wet environment, such as the beach. In that case, the gun goes into my pocket or a waist bag inside a ziplock sandwich bag instead of my leather, to better protect the pistol from the eliments.
Desantis's excellent pocket holsters are, according to their website, around ......$20-50.
Homemade holster made from materials at hand .............................................. free.
Pride of having done it myself ................................................................ priceless.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Made my first pocket holster out of a neoprene mouse pad stitched together with waxed dental floss and it lasted about 4 years.
I have to second the homemade holster. The P64, I carry, is in a custom leather holster I made to fit my front pocket. I also had a mousepad holster but it didn't hold up well.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You miss the entire point of this gentlemans post, it is not to ask what is the best choice in a pocket holster, how to make or choose one, or anything like that. It is simply to say that Desantis makes a very good pocket holster that wont disappoint you.

·
Administrator
18,247 Posts
I didn't miss the point, Desantis does make an excellent product. Crzbiker and I simply point out, for the benefit of those who may be unaware, that among the many alternatives available is the homemade option.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I didn't miss the point, Desantis does make an excellent product. Crzbiker and I simply point out, for the benefit of those who may be unaware, that among the many alternatives available is the homemade option.
Yeah! And since I recently lived in New Jersey "Oh, yeah?':D

·
Diamond Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if you make it or buy it:

Whatever you do carry it! That was my underlying point in this whole thread! If it's summer, and all your wearing is shorts and a tee shirt, the pocket holster can't be beat!

Tah

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
For years when I was a cop I carried my Beretta pocket .22 in my left hip pocket. I had a local shoemaker craft a holster that looks exactly like a wallet. Inside the pocket, you can't tell which pocket has the wallet and which has the gun.
Still have it and seriously thinking about getting my "retired" carry permit so I can carry it again. Only .22 but I can shoot a 100 on a 50yd TRC course with it and plant 8 in your eyeball at 10yds. Still love that little bugger!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts