Gunboards Forums banner

PM! You must set your preferences to receive PM!

4K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Nagoya10 
#1 ·
With this board you have to set your preferences in the User CP, found at the upper left of the tool band, in order to receive PM.

If you don't choose to receive mail, you won't, the default is NO.

so please edit this selection!

#5 ·
Before they updated the boards, I did the second thing with PM. I think I have it and my email set so people can contact me, but not for sure. The thing with the profile having parental controls threw me, but I put my email address in the parents section, so maybe it is OK now.

#6 ·
I just went to make sure mine was good to go (The thought of life with out the first option was unbearable) and noticed that not only have I been a member since december of 69 but I am 13 years old also. I cant compress pictures but have managed to compress time. Neat.

#8 ·
Also, I have no idea how to compress pics either as I used to have to use a photo posting link to get pics on here. What I found I could now do is I hit the "Fix" icon on my picture thing on my computer, then I "crop" the pic. Sometimes I cut out some parts of the pic I didnt want, but on one I just cropped it back out to the same view and the Board allowed it to be posted. What I know about computers and pics you could put in a thimble with room left over for your thumb, but somehow it seems to work now for me. Now I can post pics on every post like A-dogs!!

#9 ·
Thanks guys, keep trying and we will all make it into the 20th century or is it the 21st.

Mike,
I'm sending you a PM to test your editing ability!

#10 ·
If you use the "resize" option on your photo program you can compress your photo file. With Photoshop the height & width are linked so when you change one it automatically changes the other so your photo stays "normal"

#11 ·
There's nothing that says "preferences" but I found the option in User CP under "Edit Options". There is a box there for messages & notifications and private messages.

#25 ·
Always been that size.... LOL :D

#26 · (Edited)
Ray, I've been trying to contact you, so I'll to PM you.

PM = private message and your settings under userCP is set so no one from the boards can send either a PM or email.

I've been trying to catch up you on bayonet question.

Dale

#27 ·
Adogs,
Good you could figure it out without a road map.

I'm glad everyone is happy with their avatar option now.

Please still remember that the boards, ARE NOT COMPLETE, so be patient.

#29 ·
You said it, but you already complained.

All kidding aside, these forums are waaaay ahead of what we had before! Kudos to Vic and Tuco for biting the bullet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.