Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is pre-cooked, crumbled and vacum packed in resealable plastic pouch. 2.8 oz which is enough to feed 4 when mixed with a pot of grits or cornmeal cakes and accompanied by dried eggs. shelf life is about 18 months (longer in dark cool spot) and local discount market has it 1$ a pouch. very good camping/backpacking item.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I don't know about the pouch kind, but the regular is by far the best bacon I ever ate, buy it all the time....Out of this world good....I need to get paid for advertising for them!!!

·
Gold bullet with Oak Clusters member
15,894 Posts
Can't find it here. Sounds perfect for the Everglades

·
Platinum Bullet Member
696 Posts
Sounds perfect for baiting in critters to.

Was sitting by the fire one night and inside the camper, I was thawing out some frozen bacon for a early morning breakfast before the next days hunt. We had spotted a couple of fox lingering just outside the fire light just acting curious. Even got a couple of pictures of them. The foxes then bolted past the fire and into the open door of the camper. We heard a brief commotion and out they came, one carrying a pound of bacon and were gone in a flash. Heard the next day that they hit a couple other camps along the creek as well. Not one soul had the heart to reach for a gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts