Gunboards Forums banner

PLS owners in here.

644 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DaWoof 
#1 · (Edited)
Had my PSL for sale here a week ago, but the buyer backed out so I decided to keep it. Anyways, finally got it out to the range today and was very impressed with it at 50 yards.

Even though I was only shooting 3 shot groups to sight in, they were coming in at a pretty consistent .5 inch w/ 7n1. However, as soon as I backed it out to 100 it opened up to about an avg. of 2 inches, with a few 3 inchers tossed into the mix. Just wondering if that was about avg. for everybody else. Also, I was thinking about tossing on an 8x scope to help me out and was wondering if anybody has experience with those and what difference it made.

Edit: forgot some details....all shooting with 7n1, off sandbags. Also, very hot with about 10-15 sec. in between each shot. 5-10 min between each group.

#3 ·
Haha, yeah I guess so. I think I was so spoiled at 50 yrds. with those awesome groups, that I expected the same thing out at the 100 yrd. marker. With a more powerful scope, I think I could tighten it up somewhat though. With my bad eyes, even with the 4x, at 100 yrds. my vision was not the best.

For "just an AK" I about messed my pants after I saw my 50 yrd. groups. Not exactly the most elegantly put together weapon, but it'll shoot, that's for sure.

#4 ·
It's not supposed to be elegant; just COOL!..;)..A better scope and a bit more time beween shots and you'll be pretty happy; it's not designed for MOA, just to kill the guy you're shooting at...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.