Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Code=MOSI0050&Category_Code=Long+Guns

This I.O. INC add for the birchwood M44 quotes 1943 dated guns starting at $499.95! :confused:I have seen 1943 M44's on the trader way cheaper than that, so I am led to believe this to be a typo or something. I hope the moderators don't take this the wrong way since I.O. INC. is a sponsor, I was just wanting to know. If it is a typing error then I am glad to have helped.....
If that's the actual going rate then this 16-year-old needs to get a couple of jobs! :p:mad::eek::eek:

·
Administrator
19,279 Posts
You mean you don't have a couple now? Get to work punk! :D

Might be a typo or a really high price.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I bet the writer double struck the $/4 key instead of the $ then 1 keys. $199 would be about the correct price from a wholesaler, IMHO. While the '43 M-44 is noted to be just 50,000 made, much lower production Finn M-series models sell for less than $499 at times (although no Finn should be less than $300).

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
IO

Right, don't know if IO ever sold a single one at that price, but they've been up in the $300+ area on those for quite a while if I remember right... I definitely remember the verbiage one time saying something to the effect of, "the only one we've ever seen! Extremely rare!!!", etc.

But that was before they started using the girlys in the fur bikinis, high heels and military berets as their firearms sales strategy too... (where's the rolling eyes icon? picture it here)

·
Banned
33 Posts
Wow... how many run of the mill 44's can you get for that price??? I just there must be some demand or they woud have lowered the price.

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
HOLY SHEEP DIP! They're smoking some bad dope if thats not a typo! I think it was Dans, SOG and AIM that had them at $199. In the past few weeks I've seen at least two people asking in the $150 range with no takers.
I was at Rguns last week, they still had about a dozen @ $99.

·
Premium Member
9,938 Posts
If they had a dozen 1943's at that price you should buy them all. 1943's are a very uncommon carbine and while I think the IO price is high I think $99 is insane low.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
If they had a dozen 1943's at that price you should buy them all. 1943's are a very uncommon carbine and while I think the IO price is high I think $99 is insane low.
Oh yes, $99? I'll take a couple of nice 1943s at that price. Not that I need any more.........

·
Registered
718 Posts
I found one for $79

After reading this post, I went to a few stores with my eyes open for 43 M-44s. I found one today that is $79. Its a 1943 Iz with a so-so stock. I beleive there were 50,000 produced that year or so. Is this a good deal that should be snapped up, or are they trading like most other m-44's? Was going to get my next 44 in a laminant stock, but would be cool to have a rarer rifle.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only M44 I have is a 1946 Izhevsk with a Birchwood stock. I wouldn't mind getting one of these since only 50,000 were produced. A DDR wouldn't be that bad either. I was reading on a website a while back and learned that at one time a K.Kale could be had for $50!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Maybe I'll pick it up tomorrow. I just wish the stock was in better condition. Not that its too bad, but most 44's are nice and clean. I found a store that has beautiful laminantes for $79. I should probably check for 43's there first.

The wife is going to be quite upset!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts