Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Looking for information regarding mausers for my fiance, her dad was a gunsmith for 30 years
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a over under I know nothing about, PLEASE help
20210504_130106.jpg
20210504_130106.jpg
20210504_130103.jpg

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I can't make out what the script says, in any event I would put the company name and location , it looks like the last word might be Germany, into a internet search engine there is 100 percent certainty you'll find the answer to your question

·
Registered
639 Posts
The script markings are those of a retailer (name indecipherable) in Schwaebish Hall, Germany. It appears to be a modern over/under, very likely made in East Germany, or the region which used to be the DDR before the wall fell. Gauge and chamber markings are almost certainly present on the barrels beneath the forearm.

PRD1 - mhb - MIke

·
Registered
706 Posts
I believe the name on the bbl is the importer into Germany of the shotgun,,,60's mfg maybe.
The frame engraving pattern and the bbl contour look very familiar.

The gun I think is a Zoli (Antonio ? Zoli)
If it is it'll have that name on the frame somewhere and on the underside of the bbls if you take the forend off and the bbls off the frame to see.
It'll have Italian proofs something like' PSF Finito' and some others on the bbls and the inside areas of the frame.
It might not have needed to be proofed in W Germany before sale there as I think W/G accepted Italian proof (as well as most other European countrys mandatory proofing).
US never had any manditory proof laws, so anything they import from the USA has to go through their Gov't Proof before sale.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you remove the forearm and barrels from the receiver, the markings on the underside and/or sides of the breech end of the barrel assembly should allow definitive identification of the country of manufacture, if not the maker, also.

PRD1 - mhb - MIke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts