Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm having trouble ID'ing this little .410 I picked up the other day.... it has virtually no markings whatsoever. It has what appears to be a serial number (0124) stamped under the receiver, two number 1s inside the forearm steel and a small "JM" in an oval stamped on the left side of the barrel (? trunion). It has the shell extractors as well.
It also has a butt pad marked "Wisler Western Arms San Francisco, CA". Wisler, I'm told, was neither a gun maker or gunsmith, but was actually a distributor...
The overall appearance is similar to the Marlin model 90.... I found this info online: " In 1939, .410 bore was first offered with 26" barrel and 3" chambers. Barrels are 26", 28" or 30", with various chokes. Action is boxlock with extractors. Guns made prior to 1950 were solid between the barrels; after that date there was a space between barrels. Can be found with double-/single triggers and checkered walnut stock. Ventilated rib offered as an option beginning in 1949".
What do you all think?....
Rectangle Amber Eyewear Office supplies Metal
Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Eyewear
Wood Composite material Close-up Metal Natural material
Shoe Tire Automotive tire Font Carbon
Wood Gadget Rectangle Laptop accessory Door
Trigger Wood Shotgun Air gun Gun accessory
Font Automotive exterior Auto part Rectangle Publication
Grille Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Composite material
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Automotive exterior Gun barrel
Trigger Air gun Wood Automotive exterior Shotgun

DB

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can't help specifically on this but I think you on the right course of direction going with likely distributor and likely of Marlin manufacture. If it looks like a Marlin double barrel .410 then it likely made by Marlin for outsource distribution under another name, but unusual this one has no markings to indicate model or manufacturer other than what may be distributor on butt recoil pad. But looks like a fairly nice .410 over under!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.