Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Every once in a while something comes along where we can give back to those that give all. There is a giveaway for a Weatherby rifle going on right now and I have viewed many of the videos. There is one that sets out to me. It is a disabled guy asking for his buddy that has been taking care of him for the last 22 years, as he is paralyzed from the neck down. He is on a ventilator and trys to talk at first but then has his nurse translate his statement that he has told her. Many of the video are about "ME" from people that have stories, but not so fitting as this gentleman. You can vote once a day until february 15. Please consider this guys video to vote for.

http://www.weatherbynation.com/_swf/wiwaw_embed_yt_vp.swf?submissionid=21

And he is also one of ours. Here is a post from another member;

Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Originally Posted By heresthedeal:
I have been voting every day for this guy, a friend of mine in northern Indiana, has known him since they were kids. the first gun this guy in the vid bought with his own money , was , yep that's rite. an AR15. yep back in 86 he raised the money and bought it.

heresthedeal asked me to upload and post this picture for him. Here it is, along with the text from the email that was forwarded to me:

––––––––––––––––––––––

This is what heresthedeal wrote:

"here you go, my buddy just sent me this because i told him this was on ar15.com. he called dale and told him about it and dale sent this to erik, and here it is, it was taken almost 22 years ago a week before the accident."

––––––––––––––––––––––-

And this is what Dale wrote:

"Here's a picture of me with an AR-15. Tell all the guys thanks so much. Tell them that this picture was taken almost 22 yrs ago. The week before I got hurt. Tell them if I win I will write them all a nice thank you note.

Dalebob"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys we are down to the wire now with 12 days left. I am asking as fellow Gunboards members, we come together for this cause. I want to extend my thanks to those that have voted and ask others that haven't to please join us to help Dale give this wonderful gift to Frank for his selfless dedication to his hunting buddy that can no longer hunt. We are Dale's hands at this point.
Thank you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all who have voted. Dale appreciates it more than you know. I spoke with his mother and she told me that it is all a buzz in his local area.
The local news station had just left his house when I called. Frank was recently laid off from his job due to the current economic crisis. Along with voting, please keep Dale and Frank in your prayers.
Thanks
Dave
aka rbthntr64

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.