Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone interested in some of this stuff
http://www.auson.se/en/genuine-pine-tar-850

I was thinking of ordering some but it is expensive for no more then I would use. I would be willing to buy some and split it up into pint size containers and ship it for around 20-22 bucks per pint. If I can find some pint sized container to put it in.

PM me if interested and if there are enough I will do it.

Could also do some raw organic linseed oil for about 10 bucks a pint when shipped with the pine tar or around 16 shipped by it self.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,762 Posts
anyone interested in some of this stuff
http://www.auson.se/en/genuine-pine-tar-850

I was thinking of ordering some but it is expensive for no more then I would use. I would be willing to buy some and split it up into pint size containers and ship it for around 20-22 bucks per pint. If I can find some pint sized container to put it in.

PM me if interested and if there are enough I will do it.

Could also do some raw organic linseed oil for about 10 bucks a pint when shipped with the pine tar or around 16 shipped by it self.

You can get a pint shipped for around $25 from this company. I've bought from them before and the pine tar was of excellent quality

http://www.tarsmell.com/tar.html

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'd be interested in some raw linseed oil if you go that route.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
I have bought Pine Tar for years from Tractor Supply for less than $10 a guart. It is supposed yto be used on horses hoofs but seems to work on wood for me. Beats any of the prices mentioned and I believe is US made and sold. Bill

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,050 Posts
I have bought Pine Tar for years from Tractor Supply for less than $10 a guart. It is supposed yto be used on horses hoofs but seems to work on wood for me. Beats any of the prices mentioned and I believe is US made and sold. Bill
It is hard & much to thick to cycle through a power sprayer for decks & fences. But it is what it is.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
I buy pine tar for fencing & decks not the paste for veterinary purposes. I am not trying to turpentine a fence :) Turpentine is expensive when you use it to dilute on a large scale.
How many quarts of turpentine are you going to need to coat or treat one rifle stock? Paint thinner is cheaper too and that should work to thin the pine tar too. Bill

·
Silver Bullet Member
149 Posts
Don't use it in the house. Your wife wont thank you for it.
What's wrong with the smell of tar? These are still popular over here as they taste so great!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terva_Leijona

·
Gold Bullet member
2,295 Posts
What's wrong with the smell of tar? These are still popular over here as they taste so great!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terva_Leijona
I just received a shipment from the place Jepari recommended: www.tarsmell.com
When I was making my order, I noticed they have "Sea Goer Hand Cream" made with genuine pine tar. I opened the jar and rubbed some on my hands and before I could even show the boss she said "why does it smell like a forest fire in here?" LOL - I'm in trouble again!!

http://www.tarsmell.com/specials.html

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,050 Posts
Ten to one that is nothing but repackaged Auson brand pine tar. They sell it by the barrels, check your prices.
If I can buy a 20 liter bucket at $250.00 shipped that is less than half price at $540.00. At 55 gals per barrel it is even more cheaper. I bet that is worthwhile slapping your own brand on.
A 55 gal drum sells for 2000.00 about $700.00 hundred cheaper than by 20 liter bucket. You can retail a drum out for over 5 grand.
Here in Dallas we call it selling. Heck you can get rich calling it what-ever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts