Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the last gun show one of the regular dealers (who is usually sky-high on prices) had a pile of at least 20 ChiCom SKS stocks for 5$ each.

They weren't pretty, and were cut for a blade bayonet, and included the cross bolt, rear sling mount, trigger group spring, and butt plate. For 5$, I figured I'd better get one, so I picked out the most sound one of the bunch (ser.# FE430, with F115 in a triangle)...the serial number was also lightly electro penciled on the butt plate.

My questions are:

1. Does all these spare stocks mean we are gonna see an influx of "tacticool" ChiCom SKS's, or are there going to be barreled receivers hitting the market so we can "roll our own" SKS's?

2. Should I buy up all those stocks because 5$ is less than the cost of the butt plates alone?

Thoughts???

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cheapo camera couldn't take a decent shot of the whole stock...I'm not sure if it is beech or ???, the laquer is flaking off. SUNP0067.JPG SUNP0068.JPG SUNP0069.JPG

·
Copper Bullet member
1,379 Posts
Wish you would have bought a few more.
The stock on Chicom /26/ I got from Century needs to be replaced; two nasty cracks.
Maybe I'll find one for $6.
riflemanone

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to martin08 for correcting me...I just assumed these were Chinese due to the recent imports and the dealer in question has been "specializing in SKS rifles" since the early 90's.

riflemanone PM inbound

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,269 Posts
You're welcome. Yes, they're Romanian. I'd be interested in a couple, as well. Picked up a couple of cracked stock Romanians a few years back.

·
Gold Bullet Member
18,182 Posts
I'd be interested in a few as well. Any way you can contact the dealer and see if they still have any?

·
SKS GOD OF GUNBOARDS
1,411 Posts
My guess is they came from Century as part of the group of sks carbines they are offering. Many guns were left behind as too bad to bother with and maybe did not make the C&R cut . They may have saved the stocks to offer for cheap to get some money after buying all the guns. Just my guess I have no information to the actual reason they are here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts