Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
8,148 Posts
... An engineer who designed and built parts for space capsules, over thirty years ago, advised me to use Mobil 1 oil, with powdered Teflon mixed in it as a gun lube. He said the Teflon would fill the microscopic pits in metal and diminish wear.
A Microlon Gun Juice treatment in my old rifle barrels increases velocity and improves accuracy.
Save yourself the bother and just use Fluoramics Tufoil "Lightning grease."

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,951 Posts
I didn't know the French had 8x57 rifles! Of course, the French desire anything the superior, blue eyed ,blond Germans have.

My French wife for the past 61 years, had a relative at the Dien Bien Phu debacle, who was an officer and survived.

Read a biography ,and Memoir about the Dien Bien Phu siege many years ago. Have always thought the French had French caliber weapons.

It's what I learn, after I know it all that counts - - - .
The Germans, Von Rundstedt, Guderian, Rommel and their 8mm wielding troops handed France their lunch in 1940 so yes the 8mm. has won a match. Might ask Poland also.

I'd bet the Soviets had a healthy respect for the 8mm. too, they just had the numbers.

·
Gold Bullet member
8,148 Posts
The Germans, Von Rundstedt, Guderian, Rommel and their 8mm wielding troops handed France their lunch in 1940 so yes the 8mm. has won a match. Might ask Poland also.

I'd bet the Soviets had a healthy respect for the 8mm. too, they just had the numbers.
The Werhmacht was also on the receiving end of 8x57, which was also Poland's standard caliber. Where Polish troops confronted the invaders, e.g. Westerplatte, German casualties were heavy.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts