Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics of "New" Sig P6.

Several asked for pics (should have posted some pics in original thread).

Paid $225 for it, w/ only one mag. No holster. Its a 9mm, 8+1.

I understand it is the twin of Sig's P225. The P6 is the European version.

Probably would enhance its looks to get it re-blued, but its outside appearance doesn't change the fact that it a real good shooter.

It is not a small, or even medium, auto. I'd call it a large auto, but I think it is just a tad smaller than my XD45. But with its single stack mag, it is real slim and I like that.

Right side view w/ dollar bill to show size comparison

Left side view.

It is not as silver/gray as it appears in this pic, the flash lightened it up. In the background is my reloading stuff. Hornady Lock N Load press and lot of Berry's bullets.

Hack

·
Registered
884 Posts
Wow, your pistol's finish is in much better shape than the P6 I picked up. Congrats

·
Gold Bullet member
3,094 Posts
Very nice pistol for an OUTSTANDING price. I recently picked one up. Mine was made in Nov 1979. Very accurate pistol and SIG quality for a great price. I have about 200 rounds thru mine so far. Mine had just a hint of wear on the high edges but looks new internally. I read on another forum the West German Police only shot 50rds a year for practice/qual.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
good luck on it too. I just bought a select oe and the slide locks back mid magazine on every magazine I have. I think the spring isn't strong enough to pull the round from the mag! I have to find a sig armorer

·
PlatinumBullet Member
19,009 Posts
Not a fan of the 9mm but I think if I could pick up a Sig for that price I would.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
My Wallet Curses You!!!!

Hello all. I recently picked a P6,1980 dated. The finish is really decent. There's a couple spots on the trigger guard where the finish is worn but that's it! The grips are kinda rough as well. I might want to replace them. It came in a hard plastic box with a trigger lock. There was only one mag though! The good part was that the dealer threw in a RSR Defense Tactical retention paddle holster. Now I gotta find some extra mags! If it wasn't for fellow board members I wouldn't have know about these pistols. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
P6

Hello Spur0701. Your best chance would be at a gunshow. These have been showing up alot lately. I've seen them in ads for them in Shotgun News (J&G Sales). I think they only sell to FFL dealers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hello all. I recently picked a P6,1980 dated. The finish is really decent. There's a couple spots on the trigger guard where the finish is worn but that's it! The grips are kinda rough as well. I might want to replace them. It came in a hard plastic box with a trigger lock. There was only one mag though! The good part was that the dealer threw in a RSR Defense Tactical retention paddle holster. Now I gotta find some extra mags! If it wasn't for fellow board members I wouldn't have know about these pistols. Thanks for the info.
If you want a real reliable sig made mag you will pay AT LEAST 40 plus dollars I spent 120 bucks on mags

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.