Just got this project wrapped up today and it turned out really well. The rifle is a 1936 Tula ex-PE I got from Big 5 several years ago for $49.95 and I've been wanting to re-sniper it for a long time. I can tell you one thing, this process was a whole lot more involved than I was expecting and I'll not be doing another one anytime soon! The welded over holes and the excessive grinding the Russians did on the receiver caused me some major pains. All I can say is thank goodness for my machinist Grandfather's magic touch or this one would have been a real mess. I fired it today and it was dead center but a bit high. I did a little shimming tonight and brought it down quite a bit so we'll see how she does next time out. Here's a couple of pics.