Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not that hard..you have to ask for layaway:rolleyes:,now is a good time. I just saw a Mas 49/56 for $495. There is alot of info on the mas rifles here. Real basic,the 44 was the first during WWII,very limited. The 49's came later and are becoming scarce. The 49/56 was the last and are still out there. The scopes are hard to find and pricey. If you are thinking of the 49/56 make sure its not converted to 308. I reload so the lack of ammo is no big deal. Hope I helped.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct with the enamel finish on the 44. I believe both my 49's are Syrian contract. Both have the grenade launcher. Im thinking of getting another 49/56.....its addicting. Im seeing them for under 500. I have an old Shotgun News ad that has the complete kit for $250. I think SOG was selling them at the time.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the posts everyone. I was also hit by the enfield bug during the same time and managed to get some nice rifles when prices where cheaper. I have to post those pics in the proper forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.