Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about this gun a couple days ago and thought I would take a chance on it. I hope its the real deal and a hard to find pistol. It does have some holster wear but does not look like it has been fired a lot, it is all matching with a perfect bore but it has a P1 magazine. Please let me know what you think of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
971 Posts
Good find and congrats! The magazines that came with these is mysterious, at least to me. IIRC, the P38 Forum mentioned that the P4 came with P1 mags. Keep in mind, there were police issue P4s and civilian ones. If someone has a brand NIB civilian one, that might give some kind of indication as to which mags they (civilian version) were sold with. Also from what I understand, there are no "P4" marked mags. Don't know if that's true or not. At any rate, when I got my "surplus" P4, it came with a P.38 marked mag....... Go figure! LOL

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
I like it a lot!

Concerning the magazine thing: I bought my P1 shortly after the big batch of them came into the country ten or more years ago.

It came in the box with a used leather 'drop holster', a RIFLE cleaning kit in the 'tobacco can' (go figure!), and two P38-marked magazines, both with manufacture date stamps (month and year) from somewhere around 1962. From the totally unblemished 'Parkerizing', it was obvious to me that the 'spare mag' that came with my pistol had never even been inserted into a gun before I got it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts