Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bit by the milsurp bug a month ago or so and put the feelers out that I was in the market. The milsurp market is a hard one to get pulse n as the prices can fluctuate quite a bit depending on when you buy the rifle. In the last month I've acquired a K31, Mosin 91/30, M1 Garand, Arisaka Type 99, x2 Carcano 91 TS. This mauser however I really like. more so than the others. Just a really neat rifle.

Not being completely tuned in to the milsurp market I was hesitant to spend this much early on but it looked like a rifle you don't see come p very often anymore, not in the last few years anyways since SAMCO brought them in. I thought 1500.00 was fair so I took the plunge, even if I overpaid, I still like the rifle enough to warrant the cost.

What I have looks to be a correct M41B(correct as they can be, I assume, but I'll leave that up to you to ell me otherwise). The scope/ scope can, mount, receiver and bolt assembly all match. The barrel bands do not. Also came with the original sling. I have not taken it down at all to examine it further.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,683 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ! You did good or maybe I should say you stole it ! Considering these have been selling well over $3000 , you got your money's worth on that one . Someone has a can on EBAY for $500 . It looks legit from what I can see . Mismatched small parts are common on the late rebuilds . A nice light colored French ( European ) walnut stock . If the sling is marked " G m/41b " in two places , it is an original sniper sling . The value can only go up !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,570 Posts
Got bit by the milsurp bug a month ago or so and put the feelers out that I was in the market. The milsurp market is a hard one to get pulse n as the prices can fluctuate quite a bit depending on when you buy the rifle. In the last month I've acquired a K31, Mosin 91/30, M1 Garand, Arisaka Type 99, x2 Carcano 91 TS. This mauser however I really like. more so than the others. Just a really neat rifle.

Not being completely tuned in to the milsurp market I was hesitant to spend this much early on but it looked like a rifle you don't see come p very often anymore, not in the last few years anyways since SAMCO brought them in. I thought 1500.00 was fair so I took the plunge, even if I overpaid, I still like the rifle enough to warrant the cost.

What I have looks to be a correct M41B(correct as they can be, I assume, but I'll leave that up to you to ell me otherwise). The scope/ scope can, mount, receiver and bolt assembly all match. The barrel bands do not. Also came with the original sling. I have not taken it down at all to examine it further.

Nice looking M41b. For $1500, you got a bargain. Matching numbers on bolt and bolt parts, mount, and scope can are good. Should be very accurate. You know not to try to pretty it up, looks fine as is. Congratulations!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome, I would love to have your deep pockets. I think the most I ever purchased was 4 of the K-31 rifles in less than a month, but that was about 12 years ago and nice one's were going for $70-80 each. The last one I saw at a gun show a couple of years ago was a bit north of $800 and the dealer was not budging on his price. I ended up with six of those, can make two stacks of 3. I also have 6-7 Swedish Mausers, love them one is a 1900 M38, obviously a converted rifle to short rifle, by Mauser Obendorf with all matching two digit serial number. Again I bought all of those before prices started going up. One M 1 Garand, a Turkish Mauser, a Swiss 1911 Schmidt Rubin, and an 1871 Swiss Vetterli.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Nice looking M41b. For $1500, you got a bargain. Matching numbers on bolt and bolt parts, mount, and scope can are good. Should be very accurate. You know not to try to pretty it up, looks fine as is. Congratulations!
Very good looking m41b and as stated, flat out stolen.
As far as Swedes go IMHE, that rifle probably doesn't need 'taking down'. Just saying, stuff can happen when these types are disassembled without experience with the critters. Do some (a lot) more research in the stickies and threads in this forum before taking it apart. Ask questions before hand. Swede snipers are guns like many others but on a different level, if you will. Again, just saying.........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum ! You did good or maybe I should say you stole it ! Considering these have been selling well over $3000 , you got your money's worth on that one . Someone has a can on EBAY for $500 . It looks legit from what I can see . Mismatched small parts are common on the late rebuilds . A nice light colored French ( European ) walnut stock . If the sling is marked " G m/41b " in two places , it is an original sniper sling . The value can only go up !!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to hear. I feel like I missed the hay day of really cheap milsurps so this should help even out the value of my collection.
I looked at the sling, only marking I found were 3 stamped crowns

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very good looking m41b and as stated, flat out stolen.
As far as Swedes go IMHE, that rifle probably doesn't need 'taking down'. Just saying, stuff can happen when these types are disassembled without experience with the critters. Do some (a lot) more research in the stickies and threads in this forum before taking it apart. Ask questions before hand. Swede snipers are guns like many others but on a different level, if you will. Again, just saying.........
Agreed, wasnt sure if there were any specific stamps or marks I would need to look for.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, I would love to have your deep pockets. I think the most I ever purchased was 4 of the K-31 rifles in less than a month, but that was about 12 years ago and nice one's were going for $70-80 each. The last one I saw at a gun show a couple of years ago was a bit north of $800 and the dealer was not budging on his price. I ended up with six of those, can make two stacks of 3. I also have 6-7 Swedish Mausers, love them one is a 1900 M38, obviously a converted rifle to short rifle, by Mauser Obendorf with all matching two digit serial number. Again I bought all of those before prices started going up. One M 1 Garand, a Turkish Mauser, a Swiss 1911 Schmidt Rubin, and an 1871 Swiss Vetterli.
Compared to some of the guns I've collected int he past, these are on the cheaper end of the spectrum, at least the ones Im buying :) I dont have anything exceedingly rare in my small collection of surplus rifles. I'm a shooter more than a collector so I gravitate towards rifles that are a good example of the make/model but not so valuable that you wouldnt want to shoot it. Speaking to the K31, I tink I got a pretty good deal on mine at 530.00, grabbed that one a couple of weeks back from the classifieds.

·
9,683 Posts
Original m/41b slings show up occasionally on EBAY in the $200/$300 range , although I have not seen one at auction in a while . Also , the acid in the leather melts the rubber grip area over time . It will need to be replaced . "Fson " , our moderator , sells repro m/41b slings on EBAY , $200 . No need to replace the rubber on them . He also sells the rubber grip if needed . He is in Sweden .

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,220 Posts
There are civilian slings that are almost identical to the m41/B sling, far easier to find and much easier on the wallet.

·
9,683 Posts
Original Swedish sniper slings will be marked in two places
Water Wood Swimming pool Liquid Aqua
Wood Font Rectangle Circle Metal
Water Blue Wood Rectangle Font
Rectangle Wood Font Electric blue Technology

. See photos .

Without the markings , just a civilian sling . Watch EBAY for them .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.