Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this one from a good friend along with some other things on traed for some stock work.
It's a Savage No.4 MkI barreled action. It needs a few parts, which I have most, to put it together.
The barrel has been factory replaced and the bore is bright. There are no importer marks on it.
Let me know what ya'll think.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a DP stock set from Springfield Sporter during the summer when they were still selling the complete with all the metal for $40. Well I pulled it out and found that it is for one of the #4's that had the Magazine cut out. :confused:
I could splice in a piece of wood to fill the area but, may look to see if someone would like to do some horse treading for one without the cutout.

I did get a Savage front sight protector from a friend, but sience it has gone through a FTR and has a non Savage barrel, I am not really worred about getting all Savage parts.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking about using the stock set that I have. It does need to be cleaned up and I am in no rush since I have 16 + project rifles of my own to get to and 10 or 12 stocks to repair for others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.