Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this one from a good friend along with some other things on traed for some stock work.
It's a Savage No.4 MkI barreled action. It needs a few parts, which I have most, to put it together.
The barrel has been factory replaced and the bore is bright. There are no importer marks on it.
Let me know what ya'll think.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a DP stock set from Springfield Sporter during the summer when they were still selling the complete with all the metal for $40. Well I pulled it out and found that it is for one of the #4's that had the Magazine cut out. :confused:
I could splice in a piece of wood to fill the area but, may look to see if someone would like to do some horse treading for one without the cutout.

I did get a Savage front sight protector from a friend, but sience it has gone through a FTR and has a non Savage barrel, I am not really worred about getting all Savage parts.

· Registered
8,171 Posts
Why not use the lowered wood on it? Lowered wood was used on many No4 rifles as the change for the wood didn't come about until later in the game.

If you ever find a bubba'd MkVI, then steal the stock back off that Savage!

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking about using the stock set that I have. It does need to be cleaned up and I am in no rush since I have 16 + project rifles of my own to get to and 10 or 12 stocks to repair for others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.