Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine that owns a local milsurp haunt has a "thing" (understatement) for SKSs. I had recently bought a Russian SKS as my addiction (another understatement) for Soviet things has run rampant. I hoped it would replace an SKS given to me by my father as my first true gun when I was 8 that was lost in a robbery, it didn't. I asked my friend what he'd give for it in trade and he presented me with a very cosmo soaked Tokarev he thought was Romanian. I noticed the Yugo crest and informed him but he replied "hell if I know, it came in my Romanian order." I came home and researched it and found the info on it saying the Yugo toks are "uncommon" and "very collectible" per google searches. I informed him but he didn't mind so I walked away with this beauty/beast. I say that because it IS a beast of a handgun. I don't usually break my Russian/Soviet addiction but this exception puts a smile on my face. Unfortunately it only came with one mag in the holster but I figure the Yugo + 1000 rds of ammo is a good trade. Here she is, my ONLY non Ruskie....H-prefix Serial and weird crest:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Nice guns, only 4000 were imported and many only came with 1 mag, if you can find another mag it will go for $75.+
Also many had prob with being wore out and bad parts and the safety not working properly!
Some folks convert CZ52 mags to fit by simply cutting a notch for the mag release in the 52 mags in increase mag cap from 8 to 9 by cutting the spring down in the 52 mags!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The safety works 100% and the bore I would bet was unfired and has all matching #'s. Had some "holster wear" but was slathered in about an inch of grease. I have tried the CZ52 mag trick with success, thanks amigo!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
wonder why SOG stil has these? You'd think that 4,000 would dry up quicker then that......I intend to pick up one within a couple of weeks....I think the yugo might be the best of the toks, or close to polish. The GOOD ones are very well made and finished, with high quality in the fit.

Really wanting another. Wondering if anymore will come in?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
From all i heard there will be no More! When these first came out over a yr ago, i wanted one bad, but then it seems that 2/3 of all SOG guns were junk even with handpick andmissing parts or were just to wore out and a lot had probs with the safety etc.. not to even mention the finish!

So they in gen got a bad rap, then after 3 month or so SOG sold all with only 1 correct and 1 incorrect mag, saying thats how they came.

So here are the reason they never sold to well.

1) Not C&R.
2) No spare mags avail.
3) Beater Guns.
4) break down different than other Toks!

I did get 1 in Mint from Todd at Family Firearms, did pay about $40. more than from SOG, but mine was perfect and so was the holster!
Todd goes through 15 guns in order to find 1 good one, then cleans and checks for function.
I was also ableto get 1 more mag from late last yr. for $40. they now go for $75.-$100. on GB, if you can find one!

Todd just picked up a few more!

Best wishes with SOG!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.