Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That is a very nice VZ24 and somewhat scarce in that is still has its lion crest and Czech military acceptance marks. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Well, there isn't much out there in surplus 8mm. If you can find the 70's Yugo or the sniper grade they're the best. I would not be afraid to shoot 50's Yugo in a Mod 98 Mauser rifle like your VZ24. Check Gunbroker for the Yugo ammo. There is a seller that who offers it at a decent price (decent by today's standards) shipped. AIM has the Roamanian. It steel cased and stinky stuff that leaves a fair amount of black residue behind. It's also not generally the most accurate surplus 8mm but it's good for blasting.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_8mm.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, AIM looks pretty cheap, I might try them. Meanwhile I found a local pawn shop that has 50's yugo for $6.00 for 15rds, not the cheapsest buts its close by, I bought some and went and tried it out and it seemed ok!

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,843 Posts
I had one, barrel was toast and it couldn't hold a pattern at 25 yards so I parted with it. now wish I hadn't.
Same here, except I am not sorry I parted with it. It was a waste of premium Yugo 8 mm ammo taking the rifle to the range because it literally threw bullets all over the place at 25 yards :(. I don't know about you, but, because I am a "south paw" I also disliked the side stock positioned sling swivel as it sat right in the palm of my trigger hand.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.