Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Type 99 yesterday at the gun store where I work part-time. I think it is a series 24, Kokura, with mum, bolt cover, cleaning rod, sight wings, etc. All serial numbers that I have been able to find are matching. It is actually the nicest 99 I have ever seen. The only thing missing is the sling. An old couple came into the store last Saturday and left it on consignment. I'm going to contact them as soon as I can, and see if they have any pictures or documents relating to the war service of the guy who brought it back. Would appreciate it if anyone could give me a rough estimate of it's value.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Sounds like a nice catch.
Value- what did you pay?
Pretty much hard to give an estimate without seeing some pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... I'll Take Some Pictures

I'll try to get some pics in the next day or so, and email them to you. (I know how to do that, but haven't figured out how to post pics on the forum yet.)
As I said in my original post, the rifle is the nicest 99 I have ever seen. That's why I bought it. Blue is close to 100%. All markings sharp and clear. Stock is perfect except for two or three very minor handling dings. Chrome bore is mint. Small (1/4 inch X 1/2 inch) rust spot on right side of barrel close to muzzle. No indication at all that anything has been refinished. The gun came from an old couple in Virginia. Haven't had the chance to talk to them yet about the gun's history, but will do so at the earliest opportunity.

·
Silver Bullet member
330 Posts
Sounds like a nice rifle. Does it have the rough "chatter marks" around the grip area? Does it have the short cleaning rod ? What serial number range ?
It's really easy to post photos so would love to see them !
Kim

·
Silver Bullet member
2,135 Posts
How Much

If you wanted it, its worth what ever you paid. If I don't like the price of a Ford truck in Cleveland I can go to Grenada. Not so with Japanese rifles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts