Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these two rifles up the other day. A trainer and a type 35. Been thinking about restoring the Trainer, but not sure what to do with the 35
Here is the Trainer

And here is the Type 35

Any info on the rifles would help.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
I wouldn't waste any time or money on the trainer, a decent one sells for less than $150; on the other hand, restore the T 35 and you will have a type example of a scarce rifle. It may take a while, but it can be done.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You may be able to have a Type-38 stock grafted to the existing Type-35 stock. You have the hand guard which would be the hardest thing to replace. I'd spend my efforts in getting The Type-35 up and running. It's far more rare and desirable than any trainer. It would probably still hold a little value with a restored stock.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I think the Trainer Will end up at a friends house as a wall hanger.

I might be selling the 35. I'm not a big Japanese rifle collector and I think the 35 would be better off with someone else.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Good choice on the trainer, a fine place for it as is. PM me if you decide to let the 35 go; it is rough but deserves to be "saved".

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Sure did. You have inbound PM now. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.