Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Is this how you got it? Don't shoot the gun without a locking shoulder installed. The bolt group will slam back. The result will be catastrophic.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
My LS is the same slightly recessed with a hole in it.
Its handled hundreds of rounds just fine.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Great-looking, quality, rifle! I prefer the 21" barrel for shooting, even with PARA , but with a factory built FAL rifle, in this day and age, you take what can get, and you have done well!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It shoots well, although the trigger is evidently only supposed to be pulled when someone is shooting at you. HEAVY!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Get yourself a Falcon FAL spring kit. Makes a big difference in trigger pull and is easy to install.

Conelrad

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Falcon FAL spring kit ? Riddle me this Batman !!!

But seriously what is this thing you speak of?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
It shoots well, although the trigger is evidently only supposed to be pulled when someone is shooting at you. HEAVY!
Swap out the HTS. Oddly the "Century Austrian" ones are among the best. Mine runs 2 3/4 Lb first pull 5 Lb second & only stacks when the sear flips from front to back as its tensioned in the oval cut.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Falcon FAL spring kit ? Riddle me this Batman !!!

But seriously what is this thing you speak of?
It's something like Wolff spring kit for the 1911 pistols. I don't believe Falcon is still in the spring making business. It's better shoot the gun first and find out if there is a problem and the problem is really spring related.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Gotcha !!!! I just wasn‘t familiar with that name, I have not had the time to shoot my FAL yet however dry fire drills feel like 6-9 lbs. close to my Garland/carbine/enfields. Now my bone stock AR does suck ass in that area.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sporter 90 I found the website!!! It appears they are still in business. I will find out tomorrow when I place my order. I figured out(cuz I iz smart) I need the L1A1 kit. Now question for y’all- a spare gas piston ?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Brad at Gunthings.com?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Plonker the site I found was Falcon Springs.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just ordered almost the same thing back in February. I got the one with the bipod, carry handle, and Type II receiver. Let us know how it shoots.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts