Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun store apparently bought these from a police auction. I never seen one with the crest before so I had to buy it. I think its the civil guard crest? I only assume because it looks like the same crest on the Civil Guard mausers.
Other one is definitely one of the recent imports with the billboard. The one lacking finish seems to be a bit older. the billboard is on the frame and a bit smaller.

They feel nearly identical in function though. I was expecting the worn one to feel much worse.
Is there any information on these in any capacity?
Part of me wants to reblue the other gun. but at the same time i don't really want to polish and lessen the markings. May just find a surplus holster and live with the cosmetic damage. It basically looks like a stainless frame now.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,085 Posts
I don't think you could hurt either one of them too much. For dyed-in-the-wool collectors there are many better examples around. If they both have similar bores, I'd have the crested one bead-blasted and dropped into a blue tank. Switch the grips, and get rid of the other (milled-out and bill-boarded) one.

M

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
oh nice thats a pretty one. Is it a commercially refinished one?
I can always use more stars. theres actually a llama 1911 at the same store i was going to grab.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
The BM above Appears to be unissued and unfired, in original box and mags, I have had the pistol for many years hiding in a safe. I took two BM with Civil Guard markings intact ( older imports) and placed them on my table at a gun show last weekend….gone in thirty minutes, as was a Star DK but confusing to me was a like new FI Model D that was handled a hundred times and went unsold.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The BM above Appears to be unissued and unfired, in original box and mags, I have had the pistol for many years hiding in a safe. I took two BM with Civil Guard markings intact ( older imports) and placed them on my table at a gun show last weekend….gone in thirty minutes, as was a Star DK but confusing to me was a like new FI Model D that was handled a hundred times and went unsold.
Ibmikey,

What's the slide like on the FI Model D, is it difficult (stiff) to rack or easier like the new S & W EZ .380s that are out now?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you all finding these a gun shows? I didn’t realize any made it in without the original markings being removed. For some reason I thought it was a Spanish government export requirement

·
Registered
885 Posts
Atamis- If you are going to use the gun (and refinish it) I suggest using a finish that is more durable than bluing. Nitriding and industrial hard chrome, or even nickel finishes cost about the same as rebluing- as does (yuck!) Ceracoat paint.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Ha ha Ceracoat…..well Bill I happened to Ceracoat the frames on a BKS and BKM finding the results nicer than most anything on the aluminum frame. Also had a Hi Porwer light weight aluminum frame done in graphite black and it is so much nicer than the spray paint originally on it And is wearing remarkably well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts