Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on vacation in VA beach, and hit up a nice military gunshop I have bought from in the past. The prices are usually retail or a bit higher, but he has pretty decent stuff. Didn't see much that really peaked my interest till I got to the Carcano's. He had a 1896 made M91, for $329, That I thought hard about buying, and another later M91 for $399, then he had this little honey here I picked up for $229

Barrel looks like it was another carcano at one time, in 6.5 with a build date of 1930, then they recycled it and reamed the bore to 7.35, in 1939, and made it a M38. Also has a double struck Finnish property SA. Bore is almost mirror in it, stock is matching, and the Italian rondel is dated 1939 as well. Has a crack in the handguard, which is stable, and a crack in the tang, but I am not sure how bad that is till I take it apart. Started rattling it around here at home, and low and behold it has the cleaning rod in the butt!:thumbsup:

What do you guys think, it's my second carcano, as I have a M41, but this one goes with my other Finn rifles!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cool rifle. I have a sporterized one I am in the process of restoring. Thankfully they only cut down the wood and left the metal alone. Waiting on a replacement stock from SARCO, fingers crossed on how that thing is gonna look :)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up a folding bayo off of ebay a while back for $128, and I have some surplus bullets I plan to load, if I ever get my case length gauge from Lee I ordered almost 2 months ago:mad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.