Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a private seller for $250. It doesn't have an import mark but has the "MADEITALY" export mark. Pretty happy with it for the price.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
That is a very nice one. I also have a Terni rifle, cut down at Terni. Yours is in better shape. Contrary to what the books say, mine was not gain twist and did shoot my same 91TS hand loads very well. Shoots high, but; that is another story.

I really like this model. Obviously, that is me. The fallacy written in the books regarding the improper twist hurts the demand. Good news for you and me. Some day, some one, might publish a correction and it might change. Meanwhile, if we can buy cheep due to miss information, I will keep a watch locally for other variations.

I see the cross rifle and bullseye on the side. Now, you don't need one of those stamped guns. Or does this make two?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like this variant also. First cross rifle and bullseye for me. I will pick up another at the right price. Was yours from Bud's?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes, Buds. I was pleased with the condition. Yours is nicer, but; the one I got from Buds was fine too. The 91/24 imports seem to go fast with not that many sellers.

I saw two Carcano short rifles for sale yesterday. I belive, if I remember right, one was around $100 missing the bolt and the other complete and along the lines of what your paid. The latter had the correct sling. Had the owner been in I would have done some arm twisting to get the sling. As it is now, I have a reason to go back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice rifle, I got mine from buds, its a 1896 dated one, the wood and bore are great but there was a lot of pitting under the woodbine, thankfully its not visable. Enjoy your new gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts