·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hooray! You Got It!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll give it a try too.

edit: Okay, it is just a thumbnail. Lithy, how did you put the pic up without the attachment thing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hate when big pics get posted. Make me have to scroll to read or see the photos. The old thumbnails were the best way.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Great picts, familiar.
Thanks for kicking it off.

·
Silver Bullet member
435 Posts
pics

Ok here's some: '08 BSA, some Ishapores, and No.4MkII

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Wirraway

VH-BFB. Lives at Wangaratta in the care of Murray Griffith. Thanks to Murray I had about 2 hours flying in it while on CASA duties.

I found the performance disappointing....with only about half fuel and two bods on board...how it must have been with a full military load of bombs, 3 machine guns and ammo etc....must have been frightening.....and as you've probably heard or read very careful handling is needed low down at low speeds....very easy to 'flick' in turns with too much G loading.

Weird (1930's) hydraulics for gear and flaps made touch and go landings a challenge....then again..maybe I've been spoilt by modern types.

Dave

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks Whiterider. I had a bit to do with Wirraways, being involved with the Moorabbin Air Museum (having A20-10, the oldest survivor) and working on Borge and Anthony Sorensen's A20-722. I even had a fabric side panel hanging on my wall, I regret swapping it!

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
246 Posts
One of me "long lees" marked QNF.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My Pattern 1914 no.1 rifle.
Spot the mistake;o(

C

·
0 Posts
I agree the new picture posts are hard to see. That thumbnail from swallfield was perfect. Chud

1 - 20 of 25 Posts