Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
993 Posts
I bought like 4 of the MM mausers, are you saying there not ligit? I thought the germans ALLWAYS polished there bolts, to a crome finish.....
EugenFJR,

You are either a Troll (been a member for 1.5 years and only have 14 posts) or in need of hanging around awhile and read the stickies at the top of the of threads and search for past Mitchell mausers threads....

Mitchell's mausers are re-worked Russian Capture (RC) mausers. They are just mixed serial number mausers made from original German WWII parts.... Great safe shooters, pimped shined-up and stocks sanded for purdy viewing. They currently hold a Low collector value when compared to original configuration k98 variants. Some scorn them because of the way they use deceptive advertising...others because of what they physically do to the mausers...(as seen in some of these posts...:burp)

All German k98 configured mausers had blued bolts. The bolts are not chromed. The term used is "in the white" for bolts and parts without bluing. The k98's reworked by Mitchel's are buffed into the white because they remove the electro-pencil marks on the RC's bolt parts they sell. Depending on how much you spend, Mitchell's will grind-off the original serial numbers and re-stamp to match the receiver serial number.

The straight handled mauser bolts are usually in the white. The Yugoslavian M48 and M24 are post war and bolts came in the white from the factory.

Enjoy your stay...

· Gold Bullet member
993 Posts
What....Sarcasm!? on this forum? .....probably a correct call on that..... lol...

· Gold Bullet member
993 Posts
In the Peoples Repulix of Kalifornia these guns are the only ones still legal - HOWEVER 8x57 ammo is only legal there as dummy rounds !!!!

Please post the link to that. I can't seem to find any info on that prohibition... I see where they are transitioning to a face-to-face and fingerprint requirement... but not a ban on selling mauser ammo...

· Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,277 Posts
In the Peoples Repulix of Kalifornia these guns are the only ones still legal - HOWEVER 8x57 ammo is only legal there as dummy rounds !!!!
What the hell are you talking about? Get your facts right before putting all 10 of your thumbs on the keyboard at once.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.