Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly pictures from third party hosting such as Photobucket are not showing up. Is that a "their thing" problem or ours?
Dan in Texas

·
Registered
676 Posts
Photobucket suspended all 3rd party usage across all platforms everywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,044 Posts
With no warning too. To users or sites. Nothing I can do to get those links working again from our end. Users will need to move their photos to another hosting site, or pay Photobuckets (fairly high) price

Kevin

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,913 Posts
From what guys on other boards are saying, photobucket is not the only one doing this. They mentioned two or three others doing the same thing now.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
all the other on-line photo albums allow third party sharing ........for now.

but mark my words, they'll soon be following in PHOTOBUCKET's footsteps. there is just too much money to make not to take advantage of this "cash cow"

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Hey,

We recommend using gunboards.com to upload your images to. That way you know they'll be safe.

Niall

here is a valid question; suppose someone gets banned, and has a bunch of photos he uploaded, what happens to his photos?

when someone paid a membership fee, and gets banned, I know the owner doesn't prorate that and sends him back the unused portion of membership money, they keep his money. so does the person that gets banned lose his claim to his photos and can't retrieve them? because, I suspect they do. maybe you should at the very least acknowledge that, so they can make a choice if they want to use GUNBOARDS to upload their photos or not.

·
Copper Bullet Member
12,727 Posts
Getting banned IMHO breaks the contract with GB and leaves the Banned
few if any rights. As for Pics posting anything on the net is, in reality, is like giving up ALL your rights- forever. Even those who add logos, copyrights and overlays are only delaying the inevitable if someone on this planet really wants to use them. Enforcement - whats that?

Fwiw Information on getting banned from GB as a seller or buyer may be shared with other sites kinda like a credit rating .
If you get banned for no good reason you need to fight it all the way or suffer the consequences.

·
Administrator
2,044 Posts
@LtScheiskopf Glad you were able to get it figured out. For anyone else who is having trouble uploading images. You can, click on "Go advanced", click the paperclip icon and upload your image from there.

@SfcRet vintovka is right in that getting banned does break the contract with GB. That being said if there was a handful of images you wanted access to I wouldn't see any problem with the user contacting us and us retrieving them for him/her. If you were talking hundreds of images then we would not retrieve them and they would stay on the site. Most images uploaded to this site eiter come off a users computer or are uploaded from a different site, so I don't see this being an issue.

Niall

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.