Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a WW1 photo of Bulgarian soldiers.

Judging by the deep magazine I believe the rifle on the photo is M.86/90. What do you think?

Mountain Slope Cloud Geological phenomenon Monochrome

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of those barrels looks pretty hefty....is lean towards 86 in 11mm
First, Bulgaria never used M.86. Second, the M.86/90 barrel has exactly the same diameter as the M.86 barrel. That's why M.86/90 was heavier than M.90 despite having the same length.

Third - you can actually see the barrel size on this photo? o_O

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They seem to have the typical 88 rear sight style. Not updated. So likely 52r or so
You can tell the sight graduations from that old photo, M.88 vs M.90? :eek: Wow. I can barely tell them up close, that's why I took this photo some time ago.

Wood Musical instrument Gun accessory Auto part Metal

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They seem to have the typical 88 rear sight style. Not updated. So likely 52r or so
I am confused by your statement. It is precisely the 8x52 (M.88/90 and M.90) that requires an updated sight - see table below. What do you mean?

Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok....then instead making suggestions....I'll be the devil's advocate....if it's NOT the 86/90...what model would it be?
No other model has a magazine as deep as it appears on the photo. There are no other options, but M.86/90.

I've shown this before, but here it is again - a comparison of the M.86 to M.90 models. The M.86 and M.86/90 magazines are larger.

Green Metal Gun accessory Composite material Wood

Reactions: tbird255

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: tbird255 and staffy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts