Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time at the Phoenix gun show this past weekend. It was great to see Odie's new T-14 in person. It was also great to see Victor walking around the show. Victor, you seemed one step ahead of us wherever Marten and I went. Also good to chat with Bob Long and Larry Stewart. Not a lot of Japanese weapons other than those Jim brought along but still a pretty good show. The December one will be much better.

I did manage to find a really interesting bayonet. It's a Kokura Hourglass variation M (JB 51). Interesting thing about this one is that the serial number is located on the top of the tang rather than on the end of the pommel. I'm assuming this bayonet was originally issued in a wooden scabbard but the one it is in is one of the late metal scabbards with the tubular tip. Still, a pretty good deal for $60.

All the best,

Doug

·
Silver Bullet member
15,573 Posts
Great bayonet find, super price to for a scarce variant.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hey Fellows :
Forgot to mention that the fellow with a table next to Jim Langley showed me a unique
Type 99 rifle Kokura double circle serial number in the 1200 range. Two things made it uncommon, the receiver had no dust cover grooves, and the kicker the left side of the receiver was stamped " US CAL 30 ". Talk about a rare and conversation piece.
Vicasoto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts