Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone is out of what I normally like to shoot, anyone have any thoughts on this stuff? Its one of the only things left on the shelf, there a reason for that?

It sure looks a lot like blazer. Has a rem case/primer.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I didn't know they still made Peters. There was Remington/Peters in the way-back. (70's?). But haven't seen any in years. I would assume it's same as Rem. bulk pack. If it's decent price, I'd stock up.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said, I do prefer the blazer (cci) and federal but all that the store has is the ugly rem stuff that is known to misfire and is inaccurate and this peter's stuff which is also rem made.

I got 1 box of it, if it is full of duds or makes a shotgun pattern, that will answer it I guess. I will try it this week and comment back.

Its always been in the stores here, and I have never tried it. The box looks like it was printed in 1940 -- the logo and colors and all, I mean. And it is packed old school, boxes of 50 and just in there every other one upside down, all loose.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update:

I shot 3 boxes of 50. It is weak, about like standard velocity ammo. I had several minor issues in my mark II, failure to cycle the slide enough to cock the hammer for the next round, and at least one fail to extract. Every round went off on the first try.

It made a quarter sized group at 20 yards, though very low due to the weak velocity. However about one round in 10 was a flier, dropping as much as 5 inches off the group, always lower never higher. It is not usable for serious target work, but it may make a good plinker or practice ammo if you do not mind the 1 in 10 being off the target entirely.

Wife shot it in her cz kadet and had mixed results, I cannot make any useful observation from her shooting with it except it was "not too good" compared to her usual performance.

At least every shot went bang. That makes it better than the gold painted stuff.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. The rail on my pistol had worked loose. I think that was behind the flyers. Having shot up the full 500 peter's (the rest of it after fixing the rail!), I would classify it as virtually identical to blazer bulk pack, which puts it in the "good ammo for the price" category.

However in the meantime our local walmart has started having a bunch of M22 (supposedly for AR 15 22LR style rifles) which has also been really good. For now, will probably use that as the CZ just does not like the peter's ammo but my mark II does well with the M22. Might even stick to this when the regular brands are back on the shelf, its pretty good so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.