Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this odd rifle at the local shop, peruvian crest on is, made by CZ, which I think was dated '32. The bolt had the inside of the knob flattened and checkered, top of the knob marked cz.
Now for the stock, VZ24 configuration, but with a cupped buttplate and a plate on the left side above that, like a mountain rifle. Odd thing was, it was finger joined at the wrist, and also about half way up on the forend. Very nice job, much like a finn rifle with square fingers. None of the other hardware was really correct for this rifle, winter trigger guard etc.

What is this thing?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
You have A Vz-32 action for sure,but it sounds like it is in an G-33/40 stock.The 3 piece stocks were availaable from Sarco years ago.It seems totally put together-The VZ-32 is a small ring action.The stock is worth bucks-175-250 depending on auction.The orginal stock for the Vz-32 action would be almost impossible to find-it takes a 93 type front band with a pin but It would be hard stock to locate.There are more hacked 33/40's but they usually chopped the hell out of them to put them beyond restoration.What a combination!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's quite the rifle, even has a sprter front sight soldered on, lol.

What's the story behind the 3 piece stocks?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
Sarco used to advertise them or the regular laminated ones back in 88-91 or so.I have no real info on these except they are factory pieced together.I dont know if it was laying around in the Factory after the war,was done by the Germans as part of a repair program or what.I have seen one 33/40 that had one of these stocks on it but dont know if it matched or if it was someones restoration project.A good 33/40 stock is very hard to find.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sarco used to advertise them or the regular laminated ones back in 88-91 or so.I have no real info on these except they are factory pieced together.I dont know if it was laying around in the Factory after the war,was done by the Germans as part of a repair program or what.I have seen one 33/40 that had one of these stocks on it but dont know if it matched or if it was someones restoration project.A good 33/40 stock is very hard to find.
That's interesting..... IIRC, this stock was stamped DOT on the underside, below the grip. Was the flattened bolt the correct configuration for a vz32?

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
Yes,the VZ-32 had a flat knob that was knurled.It will have the usual CZ-proofs and the reverse safety.I belive the vz-33 has the same type of bolt configuration but a regular safety.The Germans hollowed out the knob when they made it the G33/40.IT is a shame that the Vz-32 was so chopped up.It is a rare Peruvian and CZ contract rifle.There were never many laying around at shows or for sale back in the day.

·
Registered
646 Posts
vz32

I have a couple Peruvian Vz32s, m/m. What number is on the bolt of this one?
The Vz33 has the same hollowed knob as the g33/40. Except for the stock and hardware the only difference in the Vz33 and the g33/40 are the markings and the front sight. JL

·
Silver Bullet member
2,127 Posts
BTT thanks for the photos JL!

many thanks, I keep jumping on every chance to find a stock and or front band for my busted stock vz-32---
I am using this to photo to try and track one down.
gil

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reverse safety

Greetings all,
I am sure glad I happened to read this thread. I have had this bolt sleeve and "bass-ackwards" safety for years and could not figure out what it went to. (I never put a lot of effort into finding out either) It was on an old VZ24 covered in Chinese and other Asian :confused:(Korean or Viet Namese) markings and looked like the importer had dragged it to America behind his pick-up truck. Anyway, I think this answers the question of the "reverse" safety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.