Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had last written on the new/old board for help identifying my mystery helmet I have found stenciled inside on the metal shell the following -
FRANCK
B

I’d thought I would share that for what it is worth.

Also – I was given the title and library number of a book on helmets and it is lost in the change over. Could you please post it again?

Hank

·
Registered
641 Posts
just found your question. The title of the book is "LES CASQUES DE COMBAT du monde entier de 1915 à nos jours". For the first volume (mainly about french and american helmets, it was edited by Lavauzelle, ISBN 2-9506063-0-X). The second volume is mainly about the german helmets and others that look like, but more helmets inspired by other models are visible (Peru helmets are in this volume, edited by PSD in 1991). A third volume was planned by the authors (about british, japanese, russian and chinese models among others), but I don't know if it has never been printed. The authors were about 12 from all over the world, with 3 translators. For the States only, Charlie Yust and Dave Powers took part with Dan Dahl as translator.

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonderful, Thanks

Thanks - you have been a big help I will be searching for these volumes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts